Monday, March 16, 2009

When I come through on the dance floor checkin' out that catalog
Can't believe my eyes, so many women without a flaw
And I ain't gon' give it up, steady tryin' to pick it up like a car
I'ma hit it, I'ma hit it and flex and do it until tomorr' yeah

Mr./s. GaGa uses “catalog” as a metaphor for the group of people in the club. While she initially feels intimidated by the unusually large proportion of attractive women in the aforementioned club, she reminds the listener that s/he “ain’t gon’ give it up” (sic).At this point the androgynous GaGa attempts to use a simile relating the manner in which s/he is going to pick “it” up to the way a car would pick “it” up. S/he is going to hit said “it” twice and flex until tomorrow, yeah. The meaning of these lyrics is dubious at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment